Believe it or not, summer is right around the corner! Hot days, afternoon rain, more humidity than you can handle, and higher air conditioning bills are about to become everyone’s reality here in Alabama. Late spring and early summer are a great time to take care of a few maintenance items and keep things running smoothly, so before you book that summer beach trip, start planning to tackle these items first!
Items to Clean
Summer is a great time to clean a few things in your house that tend to get overlooked. These things include:
- Refrigerator coils
- Refrigerator door gasket
- Range hood and filter
- Bathroom vent fans
- Bathroom drains
- Ceiling fan blades
- Clothes dryer vent pipe
If you’re not sure how to go about cleaning these things, there are many online tutorials that can show you exactly how to do it!
Items to Maintain
Replacing and maintaining certain things can help extend the life of your appliances and help your home run more smoothly. Some items to maintain include:
- Air conditioner filters (should be replaced every 1-3 months)
- Water and icemaker filters (disposable ones should be replaced every 6 months)
- Hot water heater (drain it annually to remove sediment from the tank and inspect it for leaks)
Home Exterior To-Do List
The elements can really do a number on the outside of your house. The following items should be done each summer:
- Remove mold and mildew from the outside of your home
- Clean the air conditioner drain line to prevent water from backing up inside your house
- Clean and repair your grill
- Patch cracks and holes in your driveway
- Prune shrubs around your air conditioner unit
- Inspect lawn irrigation lines for leaks and clogs
Getting Your Home Ready to Sell? Contact LAH!
If you’re cleaning your home with the intention of selling it, there’s no better agent for the job than one from LAH. Contact us today to find out more!